1. Each player takes a Level Card and a Bar Tab, and a random Character Card.
2. Put the Level Card face up on the table, then put the Bar Tab face up on top of the Level Card, and finally put the Character Card on top of the Bar Tab, so that the character description is visible.
3. Slide the Character Card down to reveal ’10’, and the Bar Tab down to reveal ‘Level 1.’
4. Put remaining Character Cards in a pile face down on the table.
Using the Bar Tab
During the game, slide the Character Card up and down on the Bar Tab as you lose / gain drink points.
Using the Level Card
Slide the Bar Tab with Character Card to track…
Your Current Level by sliding the bar tab down.
Your Sober points by sliding the bar tab left
At -4 sober points your character “blacks out”. You start over as explained on the level card
!!! Players should keep their items secret !!!
Each player starts with one item picked at random. Place the remaining items in the middle of the table, face down. This is the ‘market.’ If your starting item is a “Time to go Home!”, swap it for another item. Items can be played at any time, and overrule each other logically in the order they’re played. When an item is played it must be discarded in a pile next to the market.
Gameplay (Read before play)
→The first player to reach level 5 wins←
1. Challenge Round
All players roll the dice. Whoever rolls the highest…
1. Gains up 1 level (sliding bar tab down),
2. Reads out their character card aloud,
3. Character power gets played,
4. Deals drink and sober points* accordingly
Player who last leveled up skips rolling next round
2. Market Round
Once per Market Round, All players may either…
→ Buy extra items
Clearly say that you are “Buying”. Take an item from the market and pay for it by losing drink points from your Bar Tab equal to the item’s drink value:
(This is the item’s drink value, ie: 3)
! If you don’t have enough Drink Points on your Bar Tab to buy the item, you must discard it.
! There is a hand limit of 6 items per player.
! If the market runs out, shuffle & reuse the discards pile.
→ Recharge Drink Points from the market
Clearly say that you are “recharging”, and discard the top item card from the market face up. Add the drink value of that item to your Bar Tab.
→ ‘Time to go Home!’ cards
These items apply when both buying and recharging
3 Player Games
Whoever loses a sober point also loses their character and takes a new one not in play at random